Author Topic: Interview with Miyamoto  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Nnja

• Gordo
  • I'm psychic. When you see -*-, my powers activate.
    • View Profile
    • Shades of Heroes
Interview with Miyamoto
« on: July 16, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
An IGN interview with Miyamoto has confirmed many things. Of them, being:

Kid Icarus for Wii almost confirmed
Once asked if Kid Icarus for Wii was in development, Miyamoto replied that he is not the producer of any Kid Icarus titles, and cannot confirm anything. Since there is one Kid Icarus title, and he said "titles", we can expect a Kid Icarus Wii announcment soon enough.

Stage Debut, possibly for Wii?
After Stage Debut was not released for N64, and since the Wii came out, people have wondered if Stage Debut inspired the Miis. Miyamoto said that "In my mind, it's still alive" and "...if we were to make the Miis more realistic and lifelike, then that might turn into something more like Stage Debut.". It may be possible for a VC, or WiiWare (or maybe full release onto Wii) of Stage Debut.

Super Mario Galaxy Sequel? Pikmin for Wii? New Super Mario Bros 2?
Regarding a new Pikmin title, Miyamoto stated that "The Pikmin team is, of course, still there, and maybe we'll have something to talk about before long.".

Regarding another NSMB title, Miyamoto said that "That team is also hard at work." he refused to say anything more other than the fact that the NSMB team is also working.

After IGN asked Miyamoto to make another Galaxy game, he said "Leave it to me.".

No Earthbound Sequel in works
IGN also asked if there was an Earthbound in the works for either Wii or DS. He claimed there wasn't much to talk about that right now, and he didn't know how to reply. He also claimed that it wouldn't take a while for the creator of Earthbound (Mr. Itoi) to start working on something.

New Zelda is Progressing
E3 did, very shortly say that "both Mario and Zelda will bring new titles to Wii.". However, in the interview, Miyamoto gave a more solid confirmation for another Wii Zelda. He claims that "The Zelda team in particular always works on Zelda titles. The core members of the Zelda team have for a very long time now been focused on Zelda games, and continue to focus on Zelda games, so they are hard at work and working away.". He also spoke of the DS Zelda team is working as well, and that some of the members of the DS Zelda team are trading off a little to work on the Wii version. This may indicate compatability between the next two Zelda games. Miyamoto said that he doesn't think the games will change that drastically, but the series needs some new ideas.

Source: IGN

Offline Zephyr

Re: Interview with Miyamoto
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »
Earthbound is never coming back.

Offline Nnja

• Gordo
  • I'm psychic. When you see -*-, my powers activate.
    • View Profile
    • Shades of Heroes
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 06:19:26 PM »
What makes you say that?

Offline Zephyr

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 06:55:59 PM »
The fact that NoA hates it?

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 09:15:23 PM »
The fact that NoA hates it?

And because NoA decides which games are made, right? Wait... no.. they don't. Nintendo (of Japan) simply just have no plans currently to make another Earthbound game. Basically, what the interview with Miyamoto said.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Zephyr

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 10:19:44 PM »
And that NoA hates the Mother series.

Click here for our Discord chat