Author Topic: So Midway is about to release Mortal Kombat vs DC....  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
So Midway is about to release Mortal Kombat vs DC....
« on: November 04, 2008, 12:18:53 AM »
And well... first of all, it's obvious Midway decided to do this to counter the popularity of Capcom vs Marvel. But also... the game looks too bad, XD.

http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=42124

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kaoru Sakura

Re: So Midway is about to release Mortal Kombat vs DC....
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 10:00:03 PM »
Very good graphics but what's up with the history??? I mean...Superman second weakness it's...magic??? common XD, and for being Mortal Kombat I think the game needs more graphic violence (not for being sadistic but I think that's the legacy of the Mortal Kombat games):P, anyway The Joker it's soooo kewl ;D

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 11:17:33 PM »
Found it:

Sadly... Joker's Fatality has already been modified (toned down) because DC thought it was too violent and wanted to keep the game with a T rating. The headshot is now off-screen.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 11:37:34 PM »
Bump

The game has been released and as I expected, it has recieved average scores from reviewers. Not good, but also not bad.

Here's a vid of all the Fatalities in the game:
http://www.youtube.com/v/ToOv1yNU1h8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6

This even inludes both versions of Joker's Fatality, the censored one that America got, and the original one that Europe got.
(click to show/hide)

Click here for our Discord chat