Author Topic: Xbox 360 Vertical or Horizontal?  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Rotsen

Xbox 360 Vertical or Horizontal?
« on: December 29, 2008, 11:03:35 AM »
Hello all I'm a new Xbox 360 user and was wondering if it is better to hav it Vertical or Horizontal in terms of ventilation and disc integrity.
lol, like anybody is gonna pick Pikmin & Olimar.

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
Re: Xbox 360 Vertical or Horizontal?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 01:35:39 AM »
Well, afaik, it shouldn't matter in what position you place it. Just check that there are no obstructions in the path of the console's ventilation.

About discs, just make sure to not move the console while there's a disc inside. If you are going to change the position of it, take out the disc first. And of course... if the 360 is on with a disc inside, do not change it's position. I would suggest that if you are planning to move it, first take out the disc and turn it off.
(click to show/hide)

redslasher

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »
Well, afaik, it shouldn't matter in what position you place it. Just check that there are no obstructions in the path of the console's ventilation.

I think that doesn't matter which position you choose because the console was designed to be placed either one or the other way.

About discs, just make sure to not move the console while there's a disc inside. If you are going to change the position of it, take out the disc first. And of course... if the 360 is on with a disc inside, do not change it's position. I would suggest that if you are planning to move it, first take out the disc and turn it off.

It would be the same for the Wii and PS3, no?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:03:13 PM by Redslasher »

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 04:07:37 PM »
It would be the same for the Wii and PS3, no?

Yes, but you need to be even more careful with a 360 about this because a slight movement to the console will cause horrible disc scratches in form of a circle. It's one of the most common problems with the 360, that and the RROD's.
(click to show/hide)

Click here for our Discord chat