Author Topic: Splatoon Cards official topic!  (Read 16981 times)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
Splatoon Cards official topic!
« on: July 20, 2015, 01:11:13 AM »
Welcome to the official thread of the Splatoon Card Generator. Current version: Beta

http://cards.n-masters.com/splatoon/

While the Splatoon Card Generator supports both guests and registered users, registered users get the benefit of being able to more easily manage their card without having to memorize extra passwords or solve captchas so it's definitely the recommended option.

With the Splatoon Card Generator, you get your own Splatoon Card, a mini card, and your own profile. There will also be several card designs available and you can write all your important Splatoon information on your card and profile.

The Splatoon Card Generator also lets you view the Top 15 and Low 15 level cards so that you can see who has the highest card level and who has just begun their journey.

Also, the application features Squad profiles, which let you know each member of the squad, how many people belong to it, and the group's average game level and rank.

And more features may be announced in the future. :)

Current status:
- Headgear = 69/69 COMPLETE!
- Clothes = 66/121
- Shoes = 67/67 COMPLETE!
- Weapons = 74/74 COMPLETE!

- Registered users: Please use this thread.
- Guests

Special thanks to @Shiiku since it's thanks to her that the whole idea of having the card generator started.

(Older preview posts below)

Here's the latest preview, btw:

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:40:44 PM by Link-NM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
Re: Splatoon Cards official topic!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 02:14:01 AM »

And yep, a mysterious "Mini" has appeared! 😲
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 09:02:05 PM »
Last update before the "closed" beta opens. This is what 100% sure will be available and ready when the Splatoon Card Generator launches tonight.

By members of the community while logged in:
- Create your card.
- Edit your card.
- Only one card per user.
- No password or card id needed to edit. (The password you save will be in case you want to edit without logging into the forum)
- View your profile and BBC.
- View other users profile if you know their id.
- Default gear.
- Default weaponset.
- Regular battle ink colors.
- Boy or Girl Inkling.
- All eye color choices.
- Squad.
- Saltspray Rig as favorite map.
- Choose your region.
- Choose your game level and rank.
- Choose gyro controls.
- Default style (dark) only.

If not logged in:
(I wouldn't suggest even entering.. but.. XD here's the list.)
- View the welcome message and profiles.
- No create or edit.
- Pretty much a view only mode.

Here's what will probably come tonight too or early tomorrow:

Logged in:
- Customized inkling eye color in card.
- More map options.
- More weapon set options.
- More gear options.
- Mini cards.

Not necessarily logged in:
- Level up cards.
- Top 15

And what will be coming during the next days until I can safely declare it's out of beta (not necessarily in this order).

Logged in or not:
- Skin tone visible on card.
- Favorite ink visible on ink color visible on inkling.
- More card designs.
- Full weapon sets list.
- Full gear list.
- All ink colors.

Not logged in:
- Create card.
- Edit card.

And whatever else I forgot to list. :P
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 01:51:46 PM »
As promised, last night I gave access to everyone to the Splatoon Card Generator and sent a PM to @CodyMKW so that he can start sharing the link. :D

All the first features mentioned in the post above are available and today most of the next set of features will be available. Priority will be with the level up system and mini cards.

Also, I want to give special thanks to @Shiiku since it's thanks to her that the whole idea of having the card generator started. And feedback is completely welcome in this topic, specially since we are still in beta with this thing. Nothing is final yet. I'm still thinking of were to put the Guild on the actual card without looking odd for people without a guild, for example.

Finally, here's the link to it: http://cards.n-masters.com/splatoon/ .

(And my card. :P )

Edit: (Oh, and if you haven't noticed, clicking on the weapon set link in each profile will send you to the appropriate in the Splatoon Wiki for full details about it. ;) )

Update: Mini cards are ready to go!

Update: Level up system ready for everyone to use! :D

Update: All maps are now available to choose! Yep, even Camp Triggerfish. :)

Update: More weapons are now available! Four in each category.

Surprise update: Logged in? No more reconfiguring your card everytime you want to edit it. Now by default you'll have a new option called "No change". :D 👍
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:05:23 AM by Link-NM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 03:22:40 PM »
New post for today's planned updates:

- Top 15 page
- Eye colors visible
- Ink color visible on mini cards.
- Surprise update

After that, if I have time available:

- More gear
- More weapons

Also, wanted to announce/comment that, related to feedback, you can also post here which weapon set or gear you want available and I'll give it priority during the next update I make. Currently, I'm just going by the order in which they appear in the Inkipedia.

EDIT: Btw, even though there's a message about it, there's currently no ads in the Splatoon Card Generator. They'll be enabled only until we're out of beta.

Update: Top 15 page is now available! Together with an improved navigation menu.

Update: Mini cards now show your favorite ink color. :D

Update: I see different colored girl inklings. :P (Working with boy inklings now)

Update: Boy inklings now have their proper eye color too. :D

Last update of tonight: So I didn't have time to do the surprise update, it seems. But, on the good side, I actually thought of a good way to make that update even better. So it may take longer before releasing. Just to hint at what it's about, it's related to the guilds/squads.

Anyway, instead of that, then, I have added more gear options. :) Specifically, there's 3 new options on the head area, 2 on the body, and 3 on shoes. All based on the requested stuff, btw. And for sure there'll be more coming tomorrow, don't worry.

Real last update of tonight!: New style now available. It's a light version of the default one. Enjoy. :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:30:35 AM by Link-NM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Accj21

• Poe
  • Going for the #1 Splatoon card!
    • Nintendo Network ID: accj13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 03:33:16 PM »
I'd love to see the gear you get from the solo missions and amiibo added.  ;)

Offline PK21

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 04:22:45 PM »
Other than the gear mentioned above, I'd like to see the Arrowbands for headgear and the Hi-Tops for shoes. :)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 10:16:19 PM »
There seems to be a weird issue with the level up system atm. Just letting you know that I'm already aware of it and working on it.

Update: Bug fixed! Seems I had forgotten to check for card style while leveling up. :P

Anyway, I didn't have time today but tomorrow I'll be focusing on adding weapon sets and gear.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:39:46 PM by Link-NM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 05:46:07 PM »
Just passing by... leaving a small note that more weapon sets have just been added. :P

Update: Afaik, all amiibo and story related gear is now available. Enjoy. :D

EDIT: Btw, if there's any issue/bug (aka, wrong icon or name), please alert me in this thread so that I can fix it asap.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:01:29 PM by Link-NM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 10:33:46 PM »
Quick update post to alert you of what's planned atm.

For today, I'm adding weapons and want to get all of the current ones added to the card generator. Hopefully this update will be pushed in a few hours or less.

Tomorrow, I'll be adding most gear and working on guest support so I'm hoping both things can be done before the big update 2.0 goes live on Wednesday.

Update: I guess it was in less than an hour. XD All current weapons are now available. Enjoy. :D

Also, want to point out about tomorrow's gear update. I won't be adding the Splatfest Tee since that item is temporary.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:39:49 PM by Link-NM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Accj21

• Poe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 01:54:28 PM »
Hate to make another request, but I LOVE my Ranked Tee. (I think that's what it is called; it is a white shirt with the RB logo)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 11:20:46 PM »
Hate to make another request, but I LOVE my Ranked Tee. (I think that's what it is called; it is a white shirt with the RB logo)

Umm... you'll have to be more specific since I can't find the one you are referring to. Here's the list so you can get the name: http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Gear
(click to show/hide)

Offline Accj21

• Poe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »
Umm... you'll have to be more specific since I can't find the one you are referring to. Here's the list so you can get the name: http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Gear

Ah. I am away from home so I couldn't check the name. It is the White Anchor Tee. (And if I am already being selfish and requesting my gear, I have the Red Sea Slugs for shoes and would love to see them added)

Also, while I don't know of any bugs with the cards, Undead_Terror might. His card is at level 109 at the time of writing this, and the next highest has 42. Having almost three times more than anybody else might imply he knows of a glitch.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:59:08 PM by Accj21 »

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 05:10:35 PM »
Ah. I am away from home so I couldn't check the name. It is the White Anchor Tee. (And if I am already being selfish and requesting my gear, I have the Red Sea Slugs for shoes and would love to see them added)

Also, while I don't know of any bugs with the cards, Undead_Terror might. His card is at level 109 at the time of writing this, and the next highest has 42. Having almost three times more than anybody else might imply he knows of a glitch.

It's ok, you're not bugging. :) I'll add those later tonight.

And about @Undead_terror , I don't think so. I think he's just leveling up his license every chance he gets. The cool down before being able to level up a certain card again is of 1 hour, so if you are patient, you can essentially get 24 levels in a single day. He could also be sharing his card in a lot of places too and people level it up for him. @wildgoosespeeder does a similar thing with the Smash 4 cards, specially since there's promo codes over there. (They'll come to Splatoon cards sometime soon too, btw )

Btw, I added like around 20 pieces of head, clothes, and shoes yesterday at night.

For now, I'll focus on enabling the card geneator for guests and a surprise update for people who use the Squad feature.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 08:37:06 PM »
Guest support is now enabled!

http://cards.n-masters.com/splatoon/

Editing is a bit limited atm, but it works if you aren't lazy. :P
(There's no checkboxes, basically, so you need to reconfigure everything.)
(click to show/hide)

Click here for our Discord chat