Author Topic: FLCL  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Klown

FLCL
« on: December 21, 2007, 04:35:05 PM »
Surprisingly enough you guys don't have a thread on this anime... One of my favorites but way too short. It is about an alien woman (Haruko) in search for the space pirate (Atomsk) and when her search leads her to planet Earth she meets Naota, and elementary school student.

Offline Mephistopheles

Re: FLCL
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 01:20:04 PM »
Yeah, Furi Kuri, I have heard about it... but haven't seen it yet, might watch it one of this days, it's only 6 episodes anyway, maybe after I finish watching all the other series I haven't finished watching, probably about a week or two, and then I'll give you my opinion about it.
I don't need luck, I have skill.

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 07:44:41 PM »
Well, seriously, that was one of the crappiest series I've seen. The plot sucks, characters are idiots beyond reason so it isn't even fun, and all the events are senseless, so why is it one of your favorites?

Offline Klown

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 07:11:08 PM »
Quote from: Mephistopheles
so why is it one of your favorites?

i believe the question is... why don't you like it?... and what are you talking the plot is great are you even capable of fully understanding it?

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 12:46:31 PM »
I listed my reasons above, in general terms it was because its stupidity level was beyond me, so I barely found it funny. My definition for great plot (this can be very subjective, of course) is where intelligent things happen, where there is, you know, good story development. In FLCL events occur almost randomly and most of what happened didn't lead to anything substantial, in fact most series have bad plots, so being fair in that a great plot is impossible to be told in only 6 episodes, it was so-so, I've seen worse.

What really annoyed me were the characters, each and every one of them.

Offline Klown

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 02:25:33 PM »
Quote from: Mephistopheles
I listed my reasons above, in general terms it was because its stupidity level was beyond me, so I barely found it funny. My definition for great plot (this can be very subjective, of course) is where intelligent things happen, where there is, you know, good story development. In FLCL events occur almost randomly and most of what happened didn't lead to anything substantial, in fact most series have bad plots, so being fair in that a great plot is impossible to be told in only 6 episodes, it was so-so, I've seen worse.

What really annoyed me were the characters, each and every one of them.

meh if you don't like it then thats a loss on your part (in my opinion of course), they can't please everybody  ;) i think it is a great storyline... and there are a lot of other people out there who like it as well.. but just knowing you think you wasted your time on watching this anime keeps me sleeping peacefully  :D

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 12:22:29 AM »
and there are a lot of other people out there who like it as well..

Yeah, I saw it because a friend said it was good, you only reminded me about it XD

but just knowing you think you wasted your time on watching this anime keeps me sleeping peacefully

lol, the thing is... I would've wasted my time anyway watching anime, I got too much free time since I'm on vacations.

We just like different styles, my style is more epic and sadistic :P

Offline Klown

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 08:15:57 AM »
Quote from: Mephistopheles link
We just like different styles, my style is more epic and sadistic :P

Death Note was epic and sadistic... and that anime was great...

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 09:45:58 AM »
Yeah, I liked Death Note a lot, I love it when the main character is evil, doesn't happen very often.

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 01:43:56 PM »
WOOt
 L Desuu!!!

Click here for our Discord chat