Which redeads are scarier?

Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
7 (41.2%)
Wind Waker
3 (17.6%)
Twilight Princess
7 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Redeads!  (Read 27479 times)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
Redeads!
« on: March 16, 2006, 05:57:28 PM »
These Zelda enemies have appeared since the point were you can burn the Gibdos to reveal their true form. Which kind of Redeads do you think are scarier?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Rotsen

Re: Redeads!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 06:09:37 PM »
Better graphics allow scarier dimensions, I bet my horses Twilight Princess will have nasty looking zombies, and other creatures too, maybe dragons? wooot woot!
lol, like anybody is gonna pick Pikmin & Olimar.

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 06:17:30 PM »
i agree with Perseus, i mean it goes in accending order

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 07:46:52 PM »
Mhe, problem is I don't have Wind Waker, but I've seen it, and tell the truth, graphics are ugly IMO.

Twilight Princess is very promising though..... so I'll agree with the above posters on my vote.
I don't need luck, I have skill.

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 08:07:28 PM »
It's wierd how your grading, Mephistopheles, is based on graphics and say that Wind Waker graphics are ugly. Cell-shading graphics require a lot of video memory, which means, are better gfx.

It's interesting how TLoZ:TP will use a modified engine from TLoZ:WW.

I choose the one's from WW, although TP's Redeads will be scary in some way too. Those things from WW are pretty scary, specially cause of their big heads, the new scream they make, and the movements they make with their mouth.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 09:15:23 PM by Link »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 12:04:48 AM »
You know, I don't generally go for graphics, but what else am I supposed to think of when asked this: "Which kind of Redeads do you think are scarier?". Oh yeah, and the fact that I only saw WW graphics, not the actual Redeads on WW, LOL.

Quote from: Link
It's interesting how TLoZ:TP will use a modified engine from TLoZ:WW.
You really believe I knew that?

Quote from: Link
Those things from WW are pretty scary, specially cause of their big heads, the new scream they make, and the movements they make with their mouth.

LOL, games scaring people. Oh, right, no game scares me, I mean, it's a game.................... little kids might get easily scared though, easy prey, heh heh.

Redslasher

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 07:25:51 PM »
I'm agree with Link, Redeads from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker cause more fear by their modifications made, and about the graphics, I think they aren't only the important thing in a game.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 07:27:44 PM by Redslasher »

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 06:04:48 PM »
but they are something important, indeed very important, people dont expect to play a pixeled game, but one who looks real and make you feel the game (what does that came from ) jaja

Offline G

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 12:04:41 AM »
I believe that TLOZ:OOT and TLOZ:MM's zombies were reallistic enough [back then ;)] to believe and kind of make you feel it was a redead ???----and by using the screams and frozening the screen a while, it was easy to get frightened or climaxed [does that word exist? :-\...]

In a few words, I vote for N64's zombies, those in the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ;D!
Learn and follow, wait and lead;
tasted water, heard the wind.

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 03:59:06 PM »
but they are something important, indeed very important, people dont expect to play a pixeled game, but one who looks real and make you feel the game (what does that came from ) jaja

You really need to play more, I've played awesome pixeled games, there's nothing wron about it, better graphics don't make a game more fun or entertaining.

I believe that TLOZ:OOT and TLOZ:MM's zombies were reallistic enough

Agreed.

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 07:55:53 PM »
nope i thing graphics got lots to do with the game the better graphics the more you will enjoy the game
of course there are other many factors that can decide this, such as history or if it is a RPG, FPS, of whaterver but i;ll go for for with the graphics as the most important

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 09:19:03 PM »
nope i thing graphics got lots to do with the game the better graphics the more you will enjoy the game
of course there are other many factors that can decide this, such as history or if it is a RPG, FPS, of whaterver but i;ll go for for with the graphics as the most important

So you enjoy CG demo animations without interactivity more than a RPG with good story of the SNES era such as [Mephistopheles, please add some examples.. XD] or old classics such as Super Mario Bros. 3 that have good gameplay?

PS: I bet you don't. Gameplay is the most important factor in a game.
(click to show/hide)

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 10:40:43 PM »
mehh jaja i guess youre right

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 05:32:22 PM »
[Mephistopheles, please add some examples.. XD]

Of course..... ehm, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire 1 and 2, Final Fantasy II (4), III (6) and 5, Seiken Densetsu 3, Secret of Mana, Tales of Phantasia, (I would consider Lufia and Lufia 2 as good games for begginers, although it's not so awesome)........ and those are only which I've played, I've heard Star Ocean is great.

Offline G

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 05:50:09 PM »
Well, back to the Redeads...

From left to right:

TOZ:OOT               TLOZ:WW          ? ? ?     
Ocarina of time       Wind Waker       Fan-art?

(This is more or less an idea of how the redeads may look like...)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 06:46:40 PM by G »
Learn and follow, wait and lead;
tasted water, heard the wind.

Click here for our Discord chat