Author Topic: Avatar: The Last Air Bender.  (Read 4812 times)

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« on: February 02, 2008, 12:01:41 AM »
Well I'm just rewatching the serie and I had to do this, I like this serie alot, it combines many elements and that makes is a very good one tough is not japanese but american, actually a "Nickelodion's Original" next is a brief description.

Well It is about The avatar, a guy who has the power to controll the four elements, and was supposed to unite the four nations which are water, earth, fire and wind, but misteruously dissapeared for a hundred years, the fire nation took advantage of this and attacked all the nations. in the whole world there are the called master for each ealement, who can control a specified element, and 2 young brothers find the avatar frozen in the sea, just a kid, now he must learn to controll the four elements and restore peace.

The many elements i like of this serie is that, well the use of mystical powers and martial arts as many others but i think is very creative and non repetitive. as it blends a bit of comedy, with all the action.

The Anime is divided in 4 books
Book one: Water, made up of 20 chapters.
Book two: Earth, made up of 20 episodes.
Book Three: Fire, made up of 20 episodes (still airing)
Book Four: Air, I guess it'll be made up of 20 episodes.

the main characters are
AAng (the avatar)

Katara (water bender)

Zooka (water warrior)

Toph (Earth Bender)

Offline Mephistopheles

Re: Avatar: The Last Air Bender.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 02:28:34 PM »
Actually, the third season will have 21 episodes, and there hasn't been an announcement about a fourth season, as far as things go, it could end in three seasons unless the producers don't want to.

And your character list is kinda wrong, you missed the Fire Bender Zuko, which is definitely a main character. The guy is spelled "Sokka" by the way.
I don't need luck, I have skill.

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 02:37:42 PM »
Well, well, I just considered as main characters the ones that go inthe main group but i guess youre right.
And the spelling is Zooka or Zokka, Both are correct.

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 08:29:27 PM »
Well, well, I just considered as main characters the ones that go inthe main group.

Hmmmm, you need to see episode 12 of book 3... spoilers spoilers spoilers, I bet you can figure it out yourself.

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 10:46:37 PM »
Lol well now i see why hehe, anyway. Im on my Wii so i cant right now

Offline Twilight Infinity

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 02:43:32 AM »
DIS BE NOWERE NEER ANIME! I WACHED DEE FIRST TOO BOOKZ AND GOT BORD OF IT. GO WAY NOW.
Hibernating until SSBB comes out

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 09:32:22 PM »
Well the fact that was made by Canadian ppl doesn't mean is not anime. the style reflect it as much.
Well I like it... it has good story and art.  Still waiting for the next chapter release, same as Mephistopheles.

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 09:36:48 PM »
Well the fact that was made by Canadian ppl doesn't mean is not anime.

Anime - In English, dictionary sources define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or "a style of animation developed in Japan".[13] Non-Japanese works that borrow stylization from anime is commonly referred to as "anime-influenced animation" but it is not unusual for a viewer who doesn't know the country of origin of such material to refer to it as simply "anime".
(click to show/hide)

Offline Twilight Infinity

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 10:52:04 PM »
What he said. It was pretty good but then they started making Aang to strong, and it got all complicated...so I just gave up after like chapter 16 of the second book (earth I think?)
Hibernating until SSBB comes out

Offline Klown

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 11:03:16 PM »
I still follow this show, pretty good although there hasn't been a new episode in forever

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 11:20:20 PM »
DIS BE NOWERE NEER ANIME! I WACHED DEE FIRST TOO BOOKZ AND GOT BORD OF IT. GO WAY NOW.

Well, there's no "anime-influenced animation" board on this forum, so don't get overly obsessed about it. Also, if you like it or not has nothing to do with it being anime or not, nobody said you have to like it either, I'm perfectly fine with you hating it XD but that won't make the thread dissappear.

If you're so willing to make a board where this topic fits correctly be my guest, ask Link to do it or something.

Offline ʎ Joey ⇎

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 01:44:57 PM »
I follow this show a lot, and I like it.
And yes they haven't made an episode in forever, but I'm sure the strike had something to do with it.
But I just heard an ad from Nick that they will show 5 new episodes, then a movie, each day starting July 14th. So I guess that means the end of Book 3..

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 04:33:40 AM »
Lol, if that were true... hehe I don't think so, haha who the heck comes with this kind of ideas, 5 new episodes and a movie, they have never done anything like that for any anime or serie just fun gossips people make to feel a little better and have some hope.

Offline ʎ Joey ⇎

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 07:20:19 PM »
You have been proved wrong :O
They showed all 5 episodes, then finished the season with a 4 part movie Saturday..Plus there's a little cliffhanger at the end of the movie.

Click here for our Discord chat