Author Topic: "Saying goodbye to the way you used to play games" From NOA_RUFUS  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
This is a post originally written by NOA_RUFUS in the NSider Forums.

It's hard, I know. It's a little like breaking up with someone you liked (or for most of you, when you abandon an RPG character to start a new one). In the case of Wii, things will be better than they were before Wii. You'll see why at E3 and just have to trust me for now. Rufus has seen Wii in action and literally cannot wait for it to come out.

Some people have complained about the rash of argumentative Wii threads, both mature and immature. They want Rufus to do something about it, like lock them all or shut them down. The fact is, what is occurring here is a very natural reaction to change. In psychology, they have these 5 Stages of Acceptance: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance. Are some gamers going through it right now? Let's see:

Stage 1: Denial

"They called it what? I don't press buttons? I just wave it around? What? That's a remote. How will it know what I want it to do? How will I play FPS? How will I play sports games? What?"

Stage 2: Anger

"I hate that name! I hate it! I don't want to play a freehand controller. How can I mash buttons when there are so few buttons to mash! If I wanted a workout, I'd go to the gym, and it's very evident that I don't!

Stage 3: Bargaining

"If you don't change the name back to Revolution, I might not buy it. Is it OK if I just still call it Revolution? How about the controller fits into a shell so that I could still play games with 80 buttons?"

Stage 4: Depression

"We're doomed! We're all doomed!"

Stage 5: Acceptance

"You know what, this system rocks! This is unbelievable. I can't believe I'm playing like this. Can you believe it took so long for someone to come up with this? It's going to be hard for me to play games any other way. Viva la Wii!"

Stage 5 will come on May 9 and thereafter when you play Wii. Until then, just note that some of the reactions you are reading are quite normal, if not scientifically accepted.

Get Well Soon (like May 9)

Dr. NOA_Rufus, lead NSider psychologist

This is a post originally written by NOA_RUFUS in the NSider Forums.
(click to show/hide)

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

Re: "Saying goodbye to the way you used to play games" From NOA_RUFUS
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 10:01:33 PM »
Personally i think this new console will be great, i just cant wait until E3 give out all the important things about wii.... really wii will change the world lol,
I really love the new and modern Game Pad, it is awsome, i just cant imagine myself playing with it, im anxious ;D
and i cant wait until the released date on thanks giving day
What else can i say about it, mmmm
I expect some great games such as the Smash Bros, or a new Mario saga, even a new Mario Party, there are so many game i want to see on wii,
also i want to see the famous wifi connection, for free plz, and compatibility with NDS
if not they might go to the bloddy heck, jajaj just joking

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 10:53:28 PM »
I don't see the big deal, it's different, so what? that doesn't really changes anything, stuff changes all the time, that's the way it is and will always be.

The freaking steps are just stupid, people are not machines and can think their own stupidities by themselves.
I don't need luck, I have skill.

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 11:04:56 PM »
I don't see the big deal, it's different, so what? that doesn't really changes anything, stuff changes all the time, that's the way it is and will always be.

The freaking steps are just stupid, people are not machines and can think their own stupidities by themselves.
Well thats a mix of Denial and BargainingLOL;D

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 11:07:29 PM »
Oh, of course, get some glasses or something, I said that the change doesn't matter to me, which, counting I like it now, I'll also like it then, so I already accepted it but don't make such a fuss about it because it aint impressive.
I don't need luck, I have skill.

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 11:43:32 PM »
thats just because you are not getting one

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 12:18:15 AM »
Mephistopheles has actually stated that he may be possibly getting Wii.
(click to show/hide)

Click here for our Discord chat