Author Topic: Atari in E3: Featuring Neverwinter Nights 2  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Mephistopheles

Atari in E3: Featuring Neverwinter Nights 2
« on: May 06, 2006, 05:40:09 PM »
Looking into what will come in E3 I got mail from IGN about Neverwinter Nights 2, the one game I'm waiting to come out and will buy as soon as I can, and found some demos about it, check here.

There's also a trailer about Neverwinter Nights 2 here.

I won't give you detailed explanations about it, Neverwinter Nights 2 is the sequel to Neverwinter Nights, RPG using D&D rules 3.5, a game where enemies and characters play in full real time and space, but in fights of course there are rolls for attack, damage etc. that are made automatic with feedback.
Neverwinter Nights has Online Multiplayer where you connect to private servers, there is no fee of any sort, when I was lurking around forums about Neverwinter Nights 2 in Bioware they have announced that they don't intend to change how multiplayer works for Neverwinter Nights 2.

In Neverwinter Nights people can make whole world with stories and stuff, using the Aurora toolset, for which have ben a lot of discussion about, I'm not a builder nor a Dungeon Master, so I don't know much about it, but reports seem that the toolset will be improved for good, although some people are somewhat concerned about it. The Original Campaigns arent much used, it's more likely that people play in Persistent Worlds, which are made by people with experience (builders) and are handled by Dungeon Masters.

I don't like to talk much about graphics, but yeah, they're great, and they seem to be working about new special effects for spells that are supposed to look cool.

Much is expected to be shown about Neverwinter Nights 2 in E3, I will try to get as much info about it as i can.

IGN Article Pre-E3 Neverwinter Nights 2

Around the same stuff, I also got this list of the games announced by Atari that will be shown on E3:

• Alone in the Dark (X360, PC)
  • Arthur and the Minimoys (PS2, PSP, DS, GBA, PC)
  • BattleZone (PSP)
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Tactics (PSP)
  • Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (PS2, Wii)
  • Hot Pxl (PSP)
  • Neverwinter Nights 2 (PC)
  • Super DBZ (PS2)
  • Test Drive Unlimited (X360, PSP, PS2, PC)

Source
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 05:46:01 PM by Mephistopheles »
I don't need luck, I have skill.

Click here for our Discord chat