Author Topic: Mini-Guide "The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords"  (Read 8802 times)

Offline Rotsen

Mini-Guide "The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords"
« on: March 11, 2006, 04:43:07 PM »
This extra feat game that comes in the gba re-make of the snes game: A Link to the Past is quite good, it is what you could call "competitive teamwork". Here's all the secrets:

Silver Keys:
End game with more than 3000 rupees and regular time.

Golden Keys:
End game as fast as possible, not regarding rupee count.

Hero Keys:
End game with a team rupee count of more than 5000, regardless of time.

Now the boss strategies:

Plant Dungeon:

This boss is a plantoid with heads that shoot seeds at you. In it's first form just gather safely slightly around the heads and hit the heads when they open in your color, so green link hits green heads and red link red heads so and so.
In its second form, you will need to pull some handles that will appear quite near the monster, avoiding the heads' rams or shots. The easy way is to alternate the head so both can pull without being interrupted so much. After u pull both the plant will appear splited in colors, hit your color just as you did with the heads on form 1.
If you're getting golden keys or hero keys, the boss will have a 1.5 phase, which are that there's handles for everyone but there's heads that shoot you. What you need to do is let one or 2 persons distract all the plant heads, and let the other ones pull the handle, once pulledyou only need one pulled for one of the heads to expose a color, so hit it if it appears your color, and repeat the process. You DO NOT need to pull all the handles in this phase to damage the boss.

Fire Dungeon:

This boss is like a bunch of fire whisps, be careful do not get too close or it will burn you, and you cannot do nothing but run. He will start by either shooting an energy ball with a color, or fire breaths. If it throws a color energy ball, the respective colored link shall hit it, once hit it will change color so another link wil hit it. When it is shining in many colors at once strike the boss with it, that will fragmentate it and you must find the true one to make damage. Once it re-integrates, repeat the process.

Ice Dungeon:

This boss you must first break its prison, oh and grab pegasus boots, they will come handy. Now when it is free it will start jumping around the room, you must dash it with your boots to stun him and let the other links do the same until you freeze it again. Then break it free and repeat the process. After a while it will transform into a small bug with 4 colors. The color corresponding to you is the one you must hit. But the color can only be seen in the other players' screens. So tell what color you see on your screen so you can damage it.
If you're getting gold or hero keys it will do more tricks like create illusions, but only the one with shadow below and does like a small sonicboom when it pounds the floor is the real one. When it turns invisible it will be visible only on some link's screen so you must agaoin work together to push it to the ice.

Flying Castle:

Vaati is the final boss of this dungeon. He will start attacking with a tornado attack ramming you over. So grab the bombs from their pedestals in the battlefield and start throwing them to the whirlwind supporting Vaati. When done right, the whirlwind will reduce its height, some well time thrown bombs should make the head fall into the ground, leaving it vulnerable to sword attacks. Repeat that strategy after it is reduced to ashes. His next form is a bit more chalenging. In this state he will transform in either an amoeba with arms or a formless blob. In h¡its ameoba form, its arms will open to reveal a color, links hit it in their respective color. In blob form you must hit the energy ball when it shines your color, as done with the fire dungeon boss. It will either throw that energy ball or small versions of itself, hit them directed to him to hurt him. After it is dead enjoy the fun credits rupee screen.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 05:57:30 PM by Link »
lol, like anybody is gonna pick Pikmin & Olimar.

Offline Knightlain

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 05:23:57 PM »
I don't know but I think that's a spoiler. A reason for replying without reading completely. Maybe it helps

Offline Gamemaniac

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 07:46:27 PM »
I think a tittle like "Guide for TLoZ:Four Swords (GBA)" could be more accurate for this thread.... XD
Even when the light comes there will be shadows to live in...
You'll never get rid of me...
Your fear is my energy and your blood is mine to take.

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 08:24:32 PM »
Does that needs approval or should it be changed right away? you can change it you know.

It's not necesarry to put the correct name for the topic, but it sure would be better... there's no Review section anymore.... so a thread like this might use a better name.

In an attempt to answer the topic, it's good to have that information.... I suppose, if those are all the secrets then what a short game.
I don't need luck, I have skill.

Offline Rotsen

Re: Mini-Guide "The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords"
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »
Well, it IS a short game, because it is an extra feature of the re-make of Link to The Past for the gba, but it is a fun game, and no, those are not all the secrets....

Offline Mephistopheles

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 08:31:23 PM »
He he he, it is fun, you're right, killing your companion instead of helping him.
I don't need luck, I have skill.

Offline Rotsen

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 08:37:54 PM »
Always fun to kill buddies, for their rupees!

Or for the heck of it, you don't need a reason really, right GM? XD

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 05:32:27 PM »
well i havent layed yet, sometimes i see dud playing it but i just keep living, lol
and duds espesificly Gamemaniac and Mephistopheles dont you think, that fighting abiut what you can ad what you cant do is off topic?? i mean i cealous that you can and not me ;)

Offline Rotsen

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 06:27:13 PM »
You should try it when you got a chance, in emulator or at 9.99 dollars, which I pressume it's the price for it, since it's been out for about...years.

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 07:38:35 PM »
emulator FREEE!!!!
purchasing it 9.99 plus . gba plus batteries plus gass etc about 130 bucks lol

as if you spended 9.99 on it, unless i think is cheap o_O

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 08:17:16 PM »
Uhh... I think there is a problem with both possibilities. Your best chance would be getting Four Swords for Gamecube which has more gameplay modes.
(click to show/hide)

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 08:54:57 PM »
yeap but there are these options to, you can ignore them they are very delicious lol

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 09:52:19 PM »
Well, the problem with those two possibilities is that for the GBA game, it's now very hard to find since it's like the second GBA game that was made at the launch of the system. As for the Emulator possibility, you need a GBA Emulator with linking option and a good computer that can run at least two instances of it.
(click to show/hide)

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 09:55:32 PM »
well thats not that hard, with the tecnology abailave these days everything is possible and come on we are in 2006, any way i know that in an emulator the gaphics are not very clear but it works

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 09:59:53 PM »
well thats not that hard, with the tecnology abailave these days everything is possible and come on we are in 2006, any way i know that in an emulator the gaphics are not very clear but it works

Do you have somebody to play with? That's another requirement. In the GCN game, you don't need another person to play it.
(click to show/hide)

Click here for our Discord chat