Author Topic: We need a chat. :P  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • Nintendo Network ID: Link-NM
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
  • 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2973-5077
We need a chat. :P
« on: July 22, 2014, 01:01:39 AM »
We need chat feature, something like a shoutbox, as this will help the community aspect of the site but also will be really useful to use during online game events we have.

So, the options I know are installing a normal shout box ( -_- ) , or using a XAT chat, or this new thing I discovered:
https://www.spot.im/

Spot.IM seems to be like installing an IM on the whole site. It's still new, but because of that it actually uses new technologies and seems to work well overall (and has good features) .

So what's your opinion? And if you know any other option, please feel free to suggest it.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
  • Awards Won first place in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U February 2015 Tourney. Won first place in the MK8 weekly tourney. Members that played a lot of Mario Kart DS online. (>100 WiFi wins)
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
Re: We need a chat. :P
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 08:25:10 PM »
UPDATE Testing the spot.im chat on the forum atm. Let's see how it works. Also, please remember to log in with that has the name you want to display. I'm using my Twitter account, for example, since that one has my nickname instead of my real name.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 10:25:50 PM »
So now that we've been using this chat for a while, I'm just wondering what are your opinions?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Proteun

• Koopa
  • Shulk memes. Shulk memes everywhere.
    • Nintendo Network ID: Proteun
    • View Profile
  • 3DS Friend Code: 4141-3868-0421
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 02:58:40 PM »
I'm finding it a bit clumsy to be honest. I had to log in using my Google account instead of N-Masters, notifications don't show the messages or send an e-mail or any other kind of notification, and the whole thing is just pretty unclear overall. I have no idea what could be a better option though.
Level this thing up!

Offline Link-NM

• Hero of Time
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 10:43:20 PM »
Here's an alternative I've been looking at:
https://www.discordapp.com

What do you think? (also, invoking @Gingaman Prime 😛)

Testing the widget here. :P

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 12:08:41 PM by Link-NM »
(click to show/hide)

Click here for our Discord chat