Author Topic: A girl I did in 3d  (Read 9409 times)

Offline G

Re: A girl I did in 3d
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 04:23:46 PM »
*sigh*, how do I say this?

Borrowing a CD (no matter to/from who) is illegal distribution, read the Terms of Agrrement.

In fact, it's considered illegal o install a program in two computers even if you own both computers.

Oh :-\.. I didn't know that... =S
Sorry.. =P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 04:27:35 PM by G »
Learn and follow, wait and lead;
tasted water, heard the wind.

Offline Knightlain

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 02:36:19 PM »
For people who want more pictures of him, I will make more than 10000 pictures of her(literally), it is possible.
In vacations I would like to make a video of her playing DDR. But this time she will look better because I have improved my drawing manga skills and my 3d ones.
So, you have there more than 10000 pictures, any second of the video are like 32 pictures or more depending the quality.
I will tell you when I post the video on my site

Offline G

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 08:47:29 PM »

...In vacations I would like to make a video of her playing DDR...

PD: Cool! XD    I'd like to see her dancing DDR! >.<

@Tsukasa, Good luck.   And thanks for the information. ^^
Please keep us more informed if new advances are made [about the girl you did in 3D] or if you're done [making her, editing her, etc]   =P
Learn and follow, wait and lead;
tasted water, heard the wind.

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 02:12:11 AM »
Well thats soething i have to see.
Tsukasa we are now on vacations so your time is running.
apply pressure is not my intention...but... hurry.
hahaha just kidding

Offline Gamemaniac

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 03:19:02 PM »
Based on the pic you added ... I think there are somethings you should really wotk on ...

You are missing the eyelashes ... so the eyes look strange ... The eyelashes are a great part of an anime eye which is also one of the two main things in an anime character ... the other one being the hair ... By the way ... the hair could be better ... Maybe adding bangs as layers you could acomplish a great looking hair ... and could also animate it as to fall naturally instead of the "brick" hair ?? ...

As someone mention earlier ... the dress needs more detail and a better color ... As it is it seems more like a big paper towel o.0' ...

And the nose ... you need to change the nose ... but I don't have a good description as to how to make it better ... so you are on your own in that ... maybe search the web for reference material could help ...

The mouth could look better with lips ... but no sure ... anyway one thing you should have in mind is that 3D designs are not like 2D anime ... so only adding lines won't make the trick ... you need to add volume on your models ... normally on a drawing you draw a line and add volume with shades ... but in 3D .. you add the volume to create the shades naturally ...

Not sure if that's what you have in mind but if it is anime like then the shoulders need some work also ... well .. is not realy the shoulder but the arm itself ... cause it seems as an emty ballon 0.o' ... The neck has the same problem ... but is not as evident as with the arms ...

Now into textures:

Not sure how you did it ... but I almost sure you didn't use the material manager (or editor ... can't remember the name -_-') ...

When making a 3D model you don't add the shine as part of the texture ... but add the material info so the software adds it where it should be ... so You should look for a glass like material for the eyes cause after analising the pic .. I found out the light source and the eyes' shine are not coordinated ...

The skin could use a better color at least ... Maybe give her a tan or something ...
And the hair ... the hair could look way better with another type of material or style of modeling ....

Other than what I mention it's good ... I would like to see more of this XD ....

Here I'll add some links to images that might serve you as reference material ...
http://www.deviantart.com/view/32108075/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/29825804/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/29789438/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/26824905/

Hope they help you ....

And while searching I found a good tutorial that might help you for you animation ...
http://www.deviantart.com/view/32422416/

This one could help also ... you need to click in download to desktop and open it with adobe acrobat ...
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24589018/

And this one would help you get a more anime-like output ... yet I think there are better tutorials on this somewhere else ...
http://www.deviantart.com/view/22968890/

Ok enough of this .... hope this helps you ... and I'm looking forward to see more of your work ... XD
Even when the light comes there will be shadows to live in...
You'll never get rid of me...
Your fear is my energy and your blood is mine to take.

Offline Knightlain

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2006, 07:21:58 PM »
Well, I stopped working on Mitrakura Hikari as she will be for a game which I would do later when I learn programming or have enough knowledge. However, I have been working in another character. I will show it to you.

However, thanks for the tutorials gamemaniac. But just one point to remember, I am not caring for ilumination as the model would be used for a game or something alike that is interactive so why to care if the renderers are different.
It is better to create the texture with shadows generated and all of that. However, illumination in the Game Engine is also useful.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 07:23:43 PM by Tsukasa »

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 01:23:44 PM »
No comments, haha.
Well, the girl is great.
Hands: little weird.
Body: i think the head is to big and the body too small.

Redslasher

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 10:41:31 PM »
Your work is excellent, but I think the girl's head is too big, I'm agree with Lord*Yakov on this.
The software you're using to create your 3D artworks is incredible, but it's too expensive  :(

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 10:51:16 PM »
There are no borders for man creativity!!!

Offline Knightlain

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2006, 09:16:54 AM »
Yes, I know the head is so big ^^. I did it intentionally, since sometimes childs are depicted with heads that big and it a little deformed style.

Offline LoRd★YaKoV

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2006, 09:39:44 AM »
Well then keep going.

Offline Gamemaniac

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 11:35:15 PM »
Thanks for the tutorials gamemaniac. But just one point to remember, I am not caring for ilumination as the model would be used for a game or something alike that is interactive so why to care if the renderers are different.
It is better to create the texture with shadows generated and all of that. However, illumination in the Game Engine is also useful.

Well I don't know if the material information is also exported as part of the model ... if so then you better use materials instead of just textures ... that way you'll take the most benefit of in-game light effects ... either way the highlight in the eyes are still not necesary as part of the texture... anyway ... that's for Mitrakura.

Now regarding this new character:

The anatomy is still somewhat unnatural .... even if child heads are depicted bigger ... I think you over did it ...

Also I would recommend to do the modeling in a more neutral and clear position that is ... standing with both arms extended to the sides in a 90? angle... that way you can work better on the anatomy of the full body ... then when finished bend them to a more relaxed position ...

After that just add the animation skeleton and move it to the position you want ... and the model should keep the same proportions ...

Now... I don't know how "real" you want your models to look like ... but this model needs more work before it resembles a desent 3D-Game Human Character ...

Regardless of what the model is about ... when working with 3D models for animations(or games)... you need to distribute effectively the number of polygon you use ... else you'll end up with slow frame rate or poor looking models ... First try to stablish a polygon # limit ... and then decide where this polygons will go ...

Some parts require fewer polygons than others ... for instance a stick needs fewer than a ball so the stick uses fewer resources(Memory, CPU usage or stuff like that) ... A way to decrease polygon usage is to use textures to suggest the missing polygons ... so a complex objet like hair can be effectively modeled as leaf-like layers and still look fine ... same as grass ... or other "Fluffy" objects ...

Anyway this is all MHO ... but for further resource material and useful lessons ... look here:
3D Kindom tutorials
Look through it carefully cause not all of them are for 3D studio Max ... most are for 3ds max though ...

And I think that this tutorial could help you as reference for better looking anatomy...
3D female body

PS Why don't you add this images to the gallery? 0.o
Even when the light comes there will be shadows to live in...
You'll never get rid of me...
Your fear is my energy and your blood is mine to take.

Click here for our Discord chat